Thursday 22 September 2016

The process - Converting my page viewers into followers



So I’m about to embark on a journey with my own business.  Most of you may not know this, but like many of yours, my business is also a startup; I just happen to have a bit of experience in my field.  So having started my blog ‘Marketing Tips for Startups’ (about startup marketing) I of course had to have a plan for marketing my business.

As with many startups however, funds in this initial period is limited.  It therefore means coming up with specific strategies which can increase traffic to my blog and eventually convert regular readers into followers.

The following are some steps, I have already taken:
1.       Start a Facebook Fan Page – My personal network on FB is deep and diverse.  I have friends from all over the world.  Some are professionals, some are entrepreneurs, some are students and some are not even certain where they fit into the sphere of things.  The unique thing about having a FB page is that it gives you an opportunity to build up a following over time.  Through my network of friends, I have been able to develop a thriving fan page - https://www.facebook.com/marketingtipsforstartups/ - from which I share my blog posts as well as inspirational quotes from renowned business persons & entrepreneurs.  The following are the results less than one month later:
                                                               i.      75 likes
                                                             ii.      449 post engagement
                                                            iii.      2,738 total reach
                                                           iv.      7,272 total impressions

The ‘likes’ are by no means where I would like them to be but the engagement, reach and impression is encouraging.

2.       Linked my Google+ profile to my blog – This made my blog ‘public’ which means that anyone, anywhere in the world can view, comment, share, like and repost my blogposts.   The results have been amazing --- Seven and a half weeks later, I have 2,569 page views with readers from as far as France, the United Kingdom, United States, Portugal, Australia, Canada and of course my beloved, Jamaica.   Today, I also received what I consider my first big victory through Google.  My post on September 1 titled “Startups: Make blogging the heart of your content marketing strategy” appeared on page 1 in the Google search results for ‘small business marketing strategies”.  See screenshot below:


1.       I entered a blogging challenge – Initially, I was timid. Scared even because even though I have been writing for most of my professional life, a writing challenge can be scary particularly when your challengers are from all over the world.  Thanks to the 30-Day Blogging Challenge hosted at http://www.sarkemedia.com/30dayblog - I am blogging daily which means that my content is constantly before an audience and therefore the opportunity for more eyes to see my work is even more increased.


Naturally, there is much more to achieve so I will share my journey with your occasionally on this

blog as I engage more strategies including joining more circles on Google+ as well as optimizing

my profile to convert my page views into followers.


I’ll keep you posted.

You may also share with me some of the things that you are doing to increase your page views 
and convert your web traffic into customers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

WHAT'S WORKING IN MARKETING IN 2024

Here are five marketing strategies working for small businesses in 2024 OTT Advertising OTT advertising or Over-the-top advertising, is ...